What's the point?

Coordinator
May 5, 2008 at 6:39 PM
Edited May 5, 2008 at 6:40 PM
Ok, I'm sorry for my last absence but I finally got my graduation ;)

Now, I have to admit that I lost the situation...

what's is still working?
what's need to be fixed?
what feature do you suggest?

I tested the last version with the sample site and it seems the library works correctly. Isn't it?

;)

PS: surely i want to migrate the solution to a VS2008 one. so i'll publish soon a new "code set"
Jun 11, 2008 at 4:11 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2008 at 4:13 PM
Hi, first at all grtz by your grade ;-))

I think about some needs, and i try implemented this code into a guild roster, but there many things i need...  (if any chance..)

a) depended of the char (class type, andrace type) can be possible set a link to "imageCharRace.gif"
b) can be possible set any image URI to an profession (depends of profession, we can link:   alchemist.gif or engenieer.gif...  something like...)

Can be get a guild members from ARMORY and group by Classes showing their gear and bonus ?    (Like Priests, healing bonus, spirit, intelect, Mp5......)


best regards,
and thks
Jun 11, 2008 at 5:49 PM
Hey - congrats on graduation!

I had to make a couple changes in your code for the last release of my guild roster - you can see the branch in my CodePlex project source explorer. I had to make a couple changes in the way that you rippled up errors, to help prevent the application from getting IP-blocked by Armory service with the famous '503 error'. I don't think I made any other tweaks.

But I haven't thought too much about this either - I've been busy getting ready for TechEd last week...and otherwise occupied with my new role. From memory...I know Arena XML parsing needs to be overhauled to use their new XML schema. Otherwise, I had been playing around with LINQ and a v3.5 assembly might be nice (and a lot more efficient, from your point of view).

But, to build off Rock7's point - you have the basics covered. At this point, making your code a bit more intuitive and value-add is where it would be cool to go. His thoughts on getting back to the image URIs is a good one (although I disliked their graphics and made my own for my guild roster application), getting a generic, class/role-specific group would be nice.

A couple other thoughts (that I had worked with) would be - providing 'specialization' (in my code, for example, I have a spec label, which gives name of highest tree, and adds on 'hybrid' if a second branch is more than half of the primary - and also will say 'unspecd' if no points were spent) was nice - also perhaps providing URIs to item repositories could be nice. Also, providing the chunk of the XML branch for the stat would be cool - if I were to redesign my roster module, I was thinking storing in the DB - stat name, number, and XML source - in order to make stat retrieval easier.