This project is read-only.

Item ID's

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:38 AM
Thank you for spending the time to write this.

I use an Access web DSN for my main guild data. I also have a mysql database which has all the game info in it like mobs, items etc.

I am using this code:

UpdateWoWField(dbRS("ID"), "aEquipAmmo", ch.Equip.Ammo.ID)

to import all item ID's (or what I thought were) into my database. The code is right and I'm not having an issue as such with it as the database is populated with all of this information.

The problem I do have though is when say I place that item ID on my website and link it to the mysql database it brings back an incorrect or non existant item. So i thought I must have been doing something wrong and looked at my database that has been importing from armory and use an item id from it to search on thottbot. thottbot also comes back as an incorrect item with the one retrieved from armory.

For example it might say that character X is wearing an 8 slot bag on his head.

Has anyone succesfully used these item id's or can point me in the right direction?

Also I would like to say that we are making an addon which will utilise this data and it will be important that the data be brought in from this source after it has been manipulated etc so wanted to know if these item id's were correct in game as well?

Thanks for your time and work :)
Dec 10, 2007 at 12:25 PM
I personaly havn't had any problems with item id's
you might want to try wowhead instead
the url's are based like this
if you use
you get a nice xml form with loads of additional information. that would parse a lot easyer then Thottbot i think(not sure how thottbot works)

can you also post the itemID's that are giving you pain?
and i'm sure you've done this. make sure you arn't useing a string with id = "123456" instead of an integer :)

hope this helped :)
Dec 11, 2007 at 12:11 PM
you could use too
Dec 12, 2007 at 2:36 AM

Thank you Kralizek & Spirituality,

To be honest I don't know what I was doing wrong...

Since I posted on here I had started using a weblink instead then needed to completely rewrite a section of code and change my db.

So either it was some temporary glitch with the data I was receiving, an error in my code that I just couldnt see or more than likely I was just plain drunk.

Thanks for your speedy replies and keep up the good work :)
Dec 12, 2007 at 11:06 AM
in all honesty armory has been acting strange.
yesterday my program didn't work at now
today i ran it... went perfectly